How Using LED Light Bulbs Can Increase Your Bank Account and Your Happiness
As traditionally, incandescent light bulbs were standard in homes. The thin glass and fragile bulb, which produced 90% heat and only 10% light, was energy insufficient. Not only so, but it also posed a fire risk and was very hot to the touch - a dangerous way of emitting light in homes and businesses as well.
However, LED lights became a popular alternative light source in 2008, and in 2019, they became the primary source of lighting. LED light bulbs are both more energy-efficient and safer than incandescent light bulbs and last a lot longer as well. As a result of converting your lighting source over to LED, users have reported a decrease in their electrical bills. They have been able to purchase new personal subscription services and various retail items with the extra money they’ve saved, as well as invest.
How can using LED light bulbs keep more money in your bank account
- It uses 75% less energy than incandescent light bulbs (energy.gov)
- It lasts 25 times longer than incandescent light bulbs (energy.gov)
How can saving with LED light bulbs result in more happiness?
- Homeowners can acquire new personal subscription services, retail items, and they have more money to invest.
Below are three of the most popular LED light bulbs on Amazon
- LEDVANCE 79284 Sylvania Non-Dimmable Semi-Directional Led Lamp, 8.5 W - click here
- Great Eagle A19 LED Light Bulb - click here
- Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance A19 LED Smart Bulb - click here
How using LED light bulbs can increase your bank account and your happiness
It uses 75% less energy than incandescent light bulbs (energy.gov)
Because incandescent light bulbs convert 90-95% of the energy used into heat, leaving only 5-10% to produce light, they are highly energy-efficient. LED lights convert only 55% - 65% of energy into heat, allowing 35% - 45% of energy conversion into light. USA Today states that switching over to a LED light bulb can help the typical home save about $1,000 over a 10-year period; that is calculated to $8.33/month.
It lasts 25 times longer than incandescent light bulbs (energy.gov)
One single incandescent light bulb typically lasts about 1,200 hours. Based on using it for 3 hours a day, it will last a year before needing replacement (USA Today). On the other hand, one single LED light bulb lasts 25,000 hours based on using it for 3 hours a day. If you do the math, 25,000 hours, using an LED light bulb 3 hours a day, lasts for 22 years. One year compared to 22 years for a single light bulb is a huge difference. And the fact that you’re only paying $8 for it creates a much happier moment.
Now, according to USA Today, the average household uses 20 indoor light bulbs in their home. So, using this number to calculate the cost of light bulbs for both incandescent bulbs and LED, we can conclude substantial savings over the course of 22 years. With 20 bulbs at $1 apiece, with a lifespan of 1 year, for 22 years, a homeowner is spending $440. With an LED bulb lasting 22 years on average, needing 20 light bulbs for the average home, the total cost over 22 years is $160. The homeowner will save $280.
Based on USA Today’s suggested monthly savings by switching over to LED bulbs, the homeowner's savings of $8.33/month can afford various new subscriptions, retail items, and stocks. Below is an idea of what you can afford by switching over to LED lights.
Finding happiness from money- savings after switching to LED light bulbs
- Blue Bottle Coffee - $8/m - coffee
- Care/of - $8/m - vitamins
- Harey’s - $8/m - shave club
- Used Books Monthly - $5.79/m - Used Books
- Jewelry Tree - $6.49/m - jewelry
Amazon retail items
- Mr. Pen- Sticky Notes Set - $7.99
- Brilliant 8 Oz Jewelry Cleaner with Cleaning Basket and Brush - $7.95
- Premium Shoe Cleaner Kit - $8.99
- Manual Massage Ball - $8.99
- Composting for Beginners: The Best Gardener’s Techniques and Secrets to Compost Everything at Home - $7.99
Stocks under $8.00 (April 29, 2021) - click here
- Sequans Communications
- Versus Systems, Inc
- Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc
- InMed Pharmaceuticals, Inc
- Taoping, Inc.
If you do the research, there is so much opportunity to pursue when having an additional $8.33/month to burn. The savings amount may sound relatively small, but the value can be tremendous, especially if you invest in something that truly makes you a happier individual.
Three top LED light bulbs that you can buy on Amazon
- Ascher Dimmable Vintage LED Edison Bulbs 6W, Equivalent 60W, Amber Warm 2300K - click here
- Sengled Smart Bulb, Alexa Light Bulb Bluetooth Mesh - click here
- Sylvania LED A19 100W Equivalent - click here
What exactly is a LED light
An LED light produces light using light-emitting diodes. Light-emitting diodes are tiny semiconductors that are wrapped in plastic to not only protect the elements but focus the light. When an electric current passes through diodes, light is emitted.
2 main reasons why incandescent light bulbs are dangerous
- Fragile - made from thin glass can easily break - if broken, glass can scatter everywhere and cause injury
- A high percentage of energy converted into heat - because the incandescent light converts 90% of its energy into heat, the bulb is extremely hot to the touch - can burn your skin
- because of the temperature that an incandescent light bulb reaches (up to 4,600 degrees Fahrenheit), it poses a fire hazard, especially when enclosed within a light fixture; heat is not able to dissipate as well
LED light bulbs are made from hard durable plastic, which is a lot safer than glass incandescent light bubs. They also only reach temperatures as high as 140 degrees farenheit.
Now, as we save some money by switching to LED bulbs, we have additional money to use. Purchasing new subscription plans, retail items and stocks can put well-needed smiles on our faces. Whatever you’re into as a consumer, extra cash can complement it. Doing away with the inefficient and dangerous incandescent light bulbs is a start to a new and improved life. Homeowners can worry less of a fire risk, which can increase comfort in the home, along with less frequent replacement of bulbs and, of course, more money in your bank account.
BKXN Table Lamp, LED Crystal Table Lamps, Decorative Bedside Nightstand Desk Lamp Shade for Bedroom, Living Room, Dining Room, Kitchen
Article Resources :